The (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is a terrific entry-level information security certification, and it is the ideal precursor for the much sought after Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). The SSCP certification focuses on seven (7) Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) domains:
- Access Controls
- Malicious Code and Activity
- Monitoring and Analysis
- Networks and Communications
- Risk, Response, and Recovery
- Security Operations and Administration
Here’s what you need to know about the exam process:
- Number of questions – 125
- Time limit – 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Passing score – 700 or higher (on a scale of 0-1000)
- Prerequisites – one (1) year of security experience
- Cost – $250 USD
- Certification is maintained by earning sixty (60) Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits over a three (3) year period
If you want to prepare for the (ISC)2 SSCP exam, check out the following resources:
- Although (ISC)2 had a collection of ten (10) free webcasts, they appear to have replaced that resource with official (paid) training seminars.
- The CamKidNetworks YouTube channel has a 42-video playlist of content related to the SSCP certificate.
Click here to visit the (ISC)2 SSCP website.